Mantra Yoga & Meditation School India – Yoga & Meditation Teacher Training School Goa, Rishikesh, Dharamsala in India is a Yoga Education Institute. A 200 RYS YA, USA..Run a Joint Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training at Rishikesh with Rishikesh Vinyasa Yoga School. and strictly follow the standard set by YA for global yoga learners & Instructors to get certified and register yourself at Yoga Alliance, USA as a Registered Yoga Teacher for teaching 200 hours yoga course. These Standards describe Yoga Alliance’s requirements for a Registered Yoga School that offers a 200-hour program. Topics for an RYS Teacher training must be relevant to Yoga Alliance’s five Educational Categories as defined below. RYSs must provide a minimum number of hours of study in each educational category, and to make up the total 200 required hours, must also provide additional hours of study relevant to these categories, which may be distributed according to the school’s chosen emphasis.
An RYS with a 200-hour program (RYS 200) should adequately prepare trainees to teach a general adult population and must incorporate training hours in the following Educational Categories:
1. Yoga Techniques, Training, and Practice: 100 Hours |Minimum Contact Hours: 75 hours, Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 50 hours. Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to: asanas, pranayamas, kriyas, chanting, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques. These hours must be a mix between: 1) analytical training in how to teach and practice the techniques, and 2) guided practice of the techniques themselves. Both areas must receive substantial emphasis.
2. Yoga Teaching Methodology: 25 Hours |Minimum Contact Hours: 15 hours*Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 10 hours. Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to:
- Communication skills such as group dynamics, time management, and the establishment of priorities and boundaries
- How to address the specific needs of individuals and special populations, to the degree possible in a group setting
- Principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and correcting
- Teaching styles
- Qualities of a teacher
- The student learning process
- Business aspects of teaching yoga* (including marketing and legal)
*Special Requirement: A maximum of five hours related to the business aspects of teaching yoga may be counted towards the Yoga Alliance Contact Hours requirements for this category.
3. Anatomy and Physiology: 20 Hours*|Minimum Contact Hours: 10 hours,Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 0 hours. Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to: human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and may also include energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of anatomy and physiology along with its application to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.).*Special Requirements: A minimum of five of the above hours must be spent applying anatomy and physiology principles to yoga.
4. Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teachers: 30 hours|Minimum Contact Hours: 20 hours*|Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 0 hours. Topics in this category could include, but are not limited to:
- The study of yoga philosophies and traditional texts (such as the Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika or Bhagavad Gita)
- Yoga lifestyle, such as the precept of non-violence (ahimsa), and the concepts of dharma and karma
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as those involving teacher – student relationships and community
- Understanding the value of teaching yoga as a service and being of service to others (seva)
*Special Requirements: A minimum of 2 of the above Contact Hours must be spent on ethics for yoga teachers
5. Practicum: 10 Hours|Minimum Contact Hours: 5 hours*|Minimum Contact Hours w/ Lead Trainer(s): 5 hours. Topics in this category include:
- Practice teaching as the lead instructor (does not include assisting, observing or giving feedback)*
- Receiving and giving feedback
- Observing others teaching**
- Assisting students while someone else is teaching
*Special Requirement: Each trainee must spend a minimum of 5 Contact Hours actively practice teaching as the lead instructor. Time spent assisting, observing others teaching, or giving feedback to others is excluded from these hours.
**Evaluation or observation of yoga classes outside of the RYS Teacher Training Program constitutes Non-Contact Hours.
6. Total Hours: 200 Hours |Total minimum Contact Hours: 180 hours. Total minimum Contact Hours with Lead Trainer(s): 65 hours
7. Remaining Contact Hours and Elective Hours: The Standards detailed above ensure that all trainees of an RYS 200 receive training and instruction in five Educational Categories for at least 185 hours with 125 hours of those being Contact Hours. Any remaining required curriculum contact and Non-Contact Hours (totaling 200 hours in all) are to be distributed among the five Educational Categories, but the hours may be allocated at the discretion of each RYS based on their program’s focus.
At the best Yoga teacher training school in India RYS 200, YA. Through this intensive training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga, advance your own practice, and learn to effectively share your knowledge and teach transformative classes to others, all in a fun and supportive environment. This program fulfills all the requirements for the 200 level yoga teacher training registration with Yoga Alliance.
Mantra Yoga & Meditation Training affordable & Inexpensive program is inspired by the teachings of BKS Iyengar ,T. Krishnamacharya & K.Patabhi Jois. their focus on an individualized approach to yoga for each student is at the heart of this training.Rather than mold you into our style, we offer you the best practices from a variety of Hatha Vinyasa yoga traditions, and help you discover your own unique style and path in your yoga journey. We value the individual in you and through our program you learn how to connect deeply with your students, and to have confidence in your teaching and yourself. We offer our residential and Inexpensive yoga vacation training the round year . Click to see our Yoga School Profile at Yoga Alliance USA